Sunday 27 October 2013

With Thanks

I had a session with Susanne this weekend and we had plenty to talk about.  Most of the session was in regards with me leaving Poon and how it felt. As odd as it sounds it was kind of liberating since the obsession of foods was gone.  I know it is hard to explain, but if you have eve been told no for what ever reason you will know what I am talking about.

This got us on the topic of Dr. Sarah and how my physical in November is going to go. When I saw her in 2011 she gave me the ultimatum of Poon or gastric.  Well in mind back then I thought it was in its infancy and wasn't sure. So now I know that option is going to be tossed back on the table. So Susanne and I explores this since I am sure Susanne is very aware of the surgery.

For those of you that don't know what it is, it is a surgery that physically makes your stomach smaller so it will only hold 4 ozs at a time.  See the picture below:



So Susanne told me that now I have been seeing her for a year that she thinks that I would be a good candidate for the surgery since I am a BLT'er (bites, licks and tastes) since I crave a taste of food not a plate of it. We also discussed that it isn't what I put in, it is how much I put in. This reverts back to my childhood of closet bingeing and "getting my money's worth" when money was tight.

So she told me to do my homework before we get together in 2 weeks and I would like to thank my big sis C, Nads, Miss A and a rekindled friendship with Hills who has open their hearts to me about their journey. Thanks also to my DH since he said he will support me In whatever direction I take.

It is a bit hard to wave good by to Poon since I have mase friends but I do hope that we can still have a strong supportive relationship with each other.

I will keep you posted on what I do.

1 comment: