Wednesday 5 September 2012

The good, the bad and the ugly…


Well things have really been a roller coaster of a ride and I also include a trip to Canada’s Wonderland too LOL
The good is my melon is on the mend.  After spending 4 hours in the ER with my DH to find out that I was going to be put on narcotics since I think they were grasping at straws at this point.  The family doctor wanted me to be part of a concussion clinic but I haven’t heard anything more.  After 2more days of dizziness and getting approval from the ER doctor, I went to see the chiropractor.  Some of you might think of it as hullabaloo or whatever, but after seeing him for 18 years I think it works.  He had his work cut out for him when I got there and a few adjustments I am as good as new!  No more dizziness and just a few headaches that Advil can fix.   
I wish I can get out and run again, but I have been put on hold for one more week so that we can make sure my C1 doesn’t slip out again. Going to Wonderland this weekend with C & F will be a big rewarding for her since she is going to go back to all her nemesis that made her do the walk of shame when she was bigger a few years ago.  I am going to go on a few of them too and I guess seeing the chiro “as needed” next week is like a “get of jail free” card for this weekend LOL
The bad…..my eating.  It has been amazing how I can look back on what I am eating and think that this is “clean eating” almost a year ago.  I am not going into details, but let me say I felt really weird eating onion rings from Harvey’s the other night.
The ugly is my thought process……Leigh-Ann has been on Poon for a year and had lost over a 100 pounds and kudos to her for doing it.  She even made it to the Hamilton Spectator for it because of the great strides she has made.  No pun intended since she is runner.  I began to feel down on myself since November is my 1 year anniversary and I know that I am the only one to blame.  There aren’t people hold me down and shoving food into my mouth against my will but something needs to change.  I almost….no I did felt resentful towards Leigh-Ann.  Maybe resentment is the wrong word….more like jealous.  I have a lot of “should haves” that creep in since I really hate mind reflections since they are a real bugger.
So that gets you up to date on what is going on inside and out LOL so hopefully I will be able to post the pics from this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment