Wednesday 12 September 2012

This and that....


First off thank you to all of you that have given me words of encouragement since my last post...I honestly didn't know there were that many of you lurking at my life :)

Things have been getting better and I am starting to come around again.  Hopefully I will be able to take all of this in stride.

Speaking of stride (like that segway LOL) I made it through Wonderland without needing to get another chiropractic adjustment done so I figure I can give myself the go ahead for running again.  My biggest concern is the x-ray results from yesterday.  The stitch I keep getting is thanks to my gall bladder and it is nice to know what is doing it, but I have to wait a week to see if it stays or goes.  So for the here and now I will start with week one with the process of rinse and repeat until I get the results back. At least I will be moving around and starting things off again.

I have been told that if the gall bladder goes, that I will have to change my eating habits.  Some folks have issues with dairy, some have it with greasy foods.  I have been able to find a list of food to avoid after surgery:

-------------

While your body adjusts, it is a good idea to avoid high-fat foods for a few weeks after having gallbladder surgery. High-fat foods include:
  • Foods that are fried, like French fries and potato chips
  • High-fat meats, such as bacon, bologna, sausage, ground beef, and ribs
  • High-fat dairy products, such as cheese, ice cream, cream, whole milk, and sour cream
  • Pizza
  • Foods made with lard or butter
  • Creamy soups or sauces
  • Meat gravies
  • Chocolate (THE ANGUISH!!!!!!!)
  • Oils, such as palm and coconut oil
  • Skin of chicken or turkey
------------

Lookie here...this looks like a page out of Papa Poon's book.  Just another reason I am meant to be with Dr. Poon the rest of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment