Friday 2 October 2015

Friday of the IC

Well this is the day of the business stuff takes place at the IC.  So there are about 40+ that need to sit in the meeting and it usually takes all day.  That means there are spouses with nothing to do and I have come across this situation at past IC's that I didn't know what to do with myself.  So I told the DH that he can leave this to me and I will take the spouses on a walking tour of the Falls.

So we met in the front lobby at 10, and there was MUBoss, JD, BFFlorida, Jong, Chuck and myself that decided to go.  So we walked across the border, took pictures by the Falls, walked up Clifton Hill, bought some souvenirs, stopped for some poutine for lunch, had a beaver tail for dessert, walked back down to the Hershey store and hit the Duty Free for some ice wine and Caribbean cigars.  The tour took about 4 hours in total and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

By the looks on their faces they enjoyed the food.

 
 
 
Friday night of the IC has a dinner called the "Marine Mess" and it is for a part of organization that the Marines are the infantry forces of the organization and  unlike the rest of chapters whose personnel, who used a naval ranking structure, the Marines use a rank structure based on equivalents of Earth infantry-based militaries, such as the MACOs.
 
So you have members who where uniforms to the dinners and there is quite the pomp and circumstance to the dinner.  So I decided to go with looser fitting clothing and I got to wear DentisT's skirt to this dinner.
 
I think I even did CCC and Nash proud by doing my hair before I went LOL
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment