Tuesday 16 December 2014

December 13

We ventured to the mall again for the last of the shopping and all the stocking stuffers for the house.  I am lucky that we didn’t venture out of town to get anything.  We started around lunchtime so the first stop we had was to get some lunch.  The DH suggested a little Italian place in the mall and I know they always have great food and I am sure they have a daily soup.

We walked in and I ordered the roasted red pepper soup with a side of milk and the DH had the chili. I should have asked to see a sample of the soup first since they had made it with olive oil and I could see the oil droplets on the top of the soup.  It also wasn’t a creamy soup, but a pureed soup.  Does that make any sense?  Anyway I got some into me and it wasn’t sitting very nice at all.  So I am not sure if it was the spices or the oils.  So I just sipped on my milk and that was lunch for me.  I have been drinking a lot of milk lately as part of my “meals” and I am not sure if it is a good thing or not.  I guess I will ask at the BWLSSG next time.
The DH had deployment this weekend so I wanted to make him a nice meal and since I started on purees on Sunday I thought was is a few hours earlier? So roast beef it was!  That has been the one thing in the back of my mind most of this journey, (and mac n cheese LOL) so we headed to the grocer’s to get all the stuff we needed and I go it in the oven.  Except I cut my finger on the potatoes and the DH has to finish them up.  So my first real food on the tongue was roast beef with gravy, mashed potatoes and creamed corn.  Of course I didn’t finish it all but the protein fills me up pretty fast!


So I headed downstairs after supper to watch TV for the rest of the night while the DH tried to get some sleep.  No such luck for him and 1230 am came around too fast.  I headed to bed and I let him get on with work.


No comments:

Post a Comment