Monday 23 February 2015

Take that Dr. Poon!

I am jumping the gun a little bit (a pound early) but I am now at my lowest weight when I was with Dr. Poon.  Susanne even mentioned in our last session that I weigh less now than when I first met her in regards to the Poon Diet.

I know that he has the best of intentions and others have had great success with his plan but it wasn't just for me.  As I have learned that having someone tell me "no" causes me to obsess about that thing until I get it.  So what was on Dr. Poon's "never to have again" list? Some examples are:
-Bananas
-Mango
-Pineapple
-Marshmallows
-Potatoes
-Yams
-Snap peas
-Refined sugars

So I decided that to "celebrate" I had a mango greek yogurt and a fresh banana.  I know I am a party animal! Believe it or not I was a bit malicious when I was packing my lunch this morning.  I slipped the banana in my lunch bag and thought "take that Dr. Poon, I lost the weight and I can still eat a banana!"

While looking on the 'net for the list of "forbidden/banned foods "I came his blog comparing all the different type of "diets" out there and this is what he said about my surgery: "Bariatric surgery:  Costs lots of money and the morbidity and mortality rate is high."  I can understand that the higher BMI patients would have issues but I wasn't that high, just had co-morbidities that caused me concern.  As for the cost?  Well those darn Opti shakes (*yuck) were a pretty penny, but the surgery was covered by our government health plan.

So I am glad that I took the journey with Dr. Poon, but I am even happier with my choice to have the surgery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment